The Whispering Pines Seventh-day Adventist School
Mission and Philosophy of Education
The mission of the Whispering Pines Seventh-Day Adventist School is to foster intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth in each child within a setting that embodies the character of Christ.
OUR PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
The work of the Whispering Pines Seventh-day Adventist School is founded on the following beliefs:
- We believe in the existence of a loving and omnipotent Creator.
- We believe that as Christians, we must acknowledge God’s sovereignty over our lives, and submit completely to His divine authority.
- We believe in the universal brotherhood of all people, and that as sons and daughters of God, we must reflect His character to our brethren throughout the world.
- We believe that the purpose of Christian education is to develop the spiritual, mental, and physical abilities of each child, thus preparing him/her for service to God in this life, and for the life to come.
To this end, we encourage each student to:
- develop a personal relationship with God
- cultivate an attitude of concern and respect for his/her fellow humans
- commit to achieving high standards of academic performance
- value labor, both physical and mental, as a God-given blessing
- cultivate mental ability, physical fitness, and moral rectitude
The Whispering Pines Seventh-day Adventist School operates in harmony with the principles of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists’ Office of Education.